Sunday, January 8, 2012

Making Up For Lost Post & Some More Goals for 2012

I missed yesterday with a post because we've both been sick, so today I'm putting up two of them and have thought hard about goals for 2012. As one who is part of that 13 million unemployed statistic, I think I have to amp up my sales and my resume.

For years I've wanted to do a website for my freelance writing and now I'd love to do one for this business. A friend of mine wanted me to go into the business with him and do the sales part of it and he'd do the website part. As much as I may seem outgoing and friendly, sales aren't my forte. I probably could do it if I knew more about the 'behind the scenes' part of the web design as it would give me confidence to talk to people about what I or my partner could do for them.

(This image is from Mark Fasel Design at www.markfaseldesign.com)

So, this winter I'm taking an online website design course. Not only will it give me some idea of what goes into making a website, but it will give me something else on my resume to use to sell myself. I'm not a dud when it comes to computers, but I'm also not a 'geek' and I mean that in a good way...as someone who really knows their way around a control panel in one of these things...so, this is a great start to a new year!












No comments:

Post a Comment