Saturday, January 14, 2012

Feeling a Tad Better...

My last post was six days ago and I know I said I was going to post daily, but I have been under the blanket of bronchitis! Nyquil, Ludens Cough Drops, Puffs w/Lotion...that's been my world these last few days.


Wasn't upright long enough to write much at all and rather than bore you with drivel, and believe me...there's been drivel here...I decided not to write anything.

Now, you know we've been looking for a curio cabinet for our resale space due to several thefts we've had our first month in the co-op. Yesterday, we were supposed to head to Harrisburg to the PA Farm Show, but thought it may be too much with how I'd been feeling all week. We thought it best to stay somewhat local and go on a curio search.


Staying on task isn't my strong point, so Joanne had to tell me several times to focus. We went from one thrift store to another to another and nothing! However, there were a few things we picked up to resell.


A pair of great Inland Glass carafe's, a Good Season's shaker, a Pyrex juice carafe, a Dansk Kobenstyle enameled casserole pan, a melmac divided bowl and a great carry basket.

There were some things not brought home...


This Radio Flyer horse was awesome! Kind of reminds me of the days supermarkets had rides for kids out front and you begged your mom for a dime (dating myself, aren't I?) to have a ride before going into the store.


These great melmac cups and bowls were pretty awesome. I'm sad I left these behind.


Hmmmmm...Joanne and I had a bit of a price disagreement over these. I say we could have doubled our money, but she was completely convinced we could buy one cheaper than the price tag. I wanted to pull a 'picker' on these folks and see if they'd negotiate, but nope...Joanne wasn't having any of that!



These chairs were AWESOME! If only we had a bigger resale spot!


This Jabba the Hut was at an auction I worked at today and I couldn't resist showing you this photo!


And this is an awesome T-Rex I took a photo of with Joanne there in the background! Another regret! Oh well, there will be more another time!

Although I'm not feeling great, I'm still coughing up lungs and my body aches from the force of my body trying to expel this infection, I'm better than I was all week long. Now, I'm not going to say anything much, but after a Craigslist search, we may have found what we needed...stay tuned!











No comments:

Post a Comment