Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Organization and Double-Duty

I'm still working on the direction of this blog, but think one way to go is some helpful hints on how to resell, what works for me and maybe start some dialog, so I can learn from my readers.

When I was laid off this past fall of 2011, it was just natural for me to want to push a bit harder to find a space to sell our wares. I was home, we had easy access to buying, I had the time to work on gathering, cleaning up and pricing inventory. With this time off, came the ability to scope out a few places, see what they charged, what the traffic was like at various antique malls.

Once we were in full swing, I needed some supplies and a plain cardboard box wasn't going to work for me. I needed a tool box! So, off I went one day to the big box store that we have nearby and scoped out what they had in the way of carry-alls for my supplies.

Establishing that I'd take this to and from the co-op, I thought I'd need something with a tray to lift in and out for hooks and brackets, scissors, and such. It also couldn't be super heavy, so I could manage moving out of the house, into the car, out of the car, into the co-op and getting through the narrow hallways of "stuff" to my space without much trouble and then back again.

I got this (the cat was already here):



It's a stackable box with legs and doubles as a step stool! I love anything with a double duty! Made of heavy duty plastic, it has a nice, sturdy handle and is light enough even with my things inside, that I won't necessarily be awkward with it as I carry it to and fro.

A half tray for all the small stuff leaves enough room for all the other essentials, such as our magnifying glass, sticky and string tags, our stamp, tin with business cards of others, measuring tools, a small divided box holding paper clips, tacks, a pen all in one place, hook and loop tape, sticky stuff for hanging things, scotch tape, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment